No matter where we are born in this world, no matter we are white, yellow, or black, poor or rich, we all have exactly the same 24 hours in a day!
We normally, work for 8 hours, sleep (and do personal matters in bathroom) for 8 hour, the question is where does the other 8 hours gone?
How do we utilize the rest 8 hours of those 24 hours in a a day? This is the other 8 hours that will very much determine who we are and what we are going to be in the future!!
A Short Course on Mitigating Soil Settlement and Liquefaction Potential by Suitable Ground Improvement Method
28-30 May 2012 – JakartaRegistration: firstname.lastname@example.org Background:Soft compressible clay induces large total and differential settlement to the structures built above. Construction on loose sands and high seismic region may face catastrophic liquefaction. To mitigate those problems and design a safe and economical foundation, a proper understanding of the settlement problem and the liquefaction potential is a pre-requisite, followed by the selection and design of suitable ground improvement method. This short course is designed to train civil/structural/geotechnical engineers to recognize and to asses the settlement problem, the liquefaction potential, and how to design suitable ground improvement technique to mitigate the hazards.Instructor:The course shall be given by Ir. GOUW Tjie-Liong M.Eng, ChFC whom has more than 26 years of experiences in the design/consultation, execution and supervision of many geotechnical works in a number of countries.
- The course is for all civil/structural/geotechnical engineers that works as consultants, contractors, as well as lecturers and civil engineering students.
- Priority is given to the participants who has registered and has paid the registration fee. First come first serve basis.
- SOIL SETTLEMENT: Ground Settlement Concept; Stress Distribution; Newmark chart; Boussinesq and Westergaard formula; Pressure Bulb; Approximation Method; Elastic Settlement by Janbu et al Method and Buttler Method; Flexible and Rigid Foundation; Rough and Smooth Foundation; Consolidation Settlement; Consolidation Process; Changes in Effective Stress; One Dimensional Consolidation; Vertical Strain vs Void Ratio; Oedoemeter Test; Pre-consolidation Pressure; NC and OC clay; Virgin Compression Line; OCR; Compression and Re-Compression Index; Coefficient of Volume Compressibility; Settlement of NC and OC soil; Typical Cc and Cr Values; Correlation with Water Content; Skempto Bjerrum Correction Factor; Time Rate of Consolidation; Degree of Consolidation; Coefficient of Consolidation; Taylor and Cassagrande Method; Secondary Settlement; Asaoka Method.
- PRECOMPRESSION With VERTICAL DRAINS: Basic Principles, Type of Vertical Drains, Application, Design Method, Installation, and Case Histories.
- VACUUM PRELOADING: Surcharging vs Vacuum Method; Execution; Monitoring System; Improved Ground; Application Examples.
- Liquefaction potential analysis: What is Liquefaction; Liquefaction Phenomenon; Liquefaction induced Damages; Identifying Liquefaction Potential; Cyclic Stress Ratio – CSR; Assessing Liquefaction through SPT data; Assessing Liquefaction Potential through CPT data; Liquefaction of Deeper Layer; Calculation Examples.
- DYNAMIC COMPACTION: Equipment, Mechanism, Execution procedure, Design Guidlines and Case Histories.
- VIBROCOMPACTION – VIBROFLOATATION – STONE COLUMNS: Vibro Compaction Mechanism, Dry Process, Wet Process, Vibroflotation, Vibrocat, Stone Columns, Design Guidelines, Case Histories.
- JET GROUTING: Various Grouting Techniques, Equipment, Execution, Formation, Cement and Composition, Application of Jet Grouting.
- Course fee is Rp. 3,250,000.-/participant or USD 380.-/participant
- Inclusive of course materials, lunches and coffee breaks.
- Refund policy: 40% of course fee + course material
- Certificate (soft copy) of participation shall be awarded.
- Participants to bring their own notebook, pen and calculator.
- Venue: GREEN GARDEN I-9/28A (right behind Mac Donald Green Garden) – Daan Mogot – Jakarta Barat – Indonesia.
- Course starts at 9 AM and finish at 5 PM with lunch and cofee in between.